Thursday, November 21, 2013

TRAGEDY: Man Burnt To Death While Sleeping


A man identified as Jide Ojoola and son of the Balogun of Ejigbo, was burnt to death on Tuesday in a fire which consumed his father’s residence at Aminatu Ilo Street, Ejigbo, Lagos, western Nigeria.

The fire was said to have been caused by a burnt out candle light which the deceased lighted but forgot to put out before going to bed.

“It was the candle that he lighted that caused the fire. When he came home, there was no light, so, he had to light a candle. The fire burnt everything in the house,” the neighbour disclosed.

According to report, the fire started at about 2 a.m. and burnt the deceased who was asleep to ashes before it was put out.

Other occupants of the residence ran out when the fire started without knowing that Jide, the deceased was asleep in his room.

Properties worth millions of naira were destroyed in the fire.

The charred body of the late Jide has been recovered and deposited at the Isolo General Hospital, for autopsy.

It was gathered from the neigbours that the father of the victim is the brother of the Ojon of Ejigbo, Oba Moruf Adekunle Ojoola.

Efforts to speak with the father of the deceased proved abortive, as he declined to speak on the incident.

“I’m not in the mood to say anything,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment